LCCI Members £260.00 + VAT
LCCI Non-Members £370.00 + VAT
Training Course Dates: 09/11/2021 and 10/02/2022
This one-day on-line course provides a detailed information on how to be pro active in opening a letter of credit, how to work with the documents and present to the bank correctly. The course is designed for staff within the organisation that are exposed to Letters of credit not only from an admin point of view but for Sales and Purchasing departments too.
Topics Covered Include:
- Why we use them?
- What can go wrong, how to prevent errors, a review of payment risk and the Payment Risk Ladder,
- methods of payment including where letters of credit feature in the risk ladder.
- Types of Letters of Credit, the parties involved and their roles and responsibilities, the role of the
- issuing, paying and confirming banks.
- An introduction to the rule book - UCP 600, overview international standard banking practice book (ISBP), the banks doctrine of strict compliance, how to prepare documentation, check lists, practical exercises relating to UCP 600 and preparing documents.
This course is run by East Midlands Chamber in conjunction with LCCI.